Thursday, May 16, 2013
May is a busy month for me! Both of my sisters and my son celebrate their birthdays in that month. So I made them birthday cards. I thought it would be easier to make my sisters cards the same just flipping the use of color cardstock. All the products from their cards are from Stampin’ Up! The Happy Birthdays from a retired Hostess set. Rich Razzleberry and Early Espresso are still current as the other products on the cards are now retired.
My son is a big Dragon Ball Z fan. I didn’t know how I could duplicate that with Stampin’ Up products. So I got the image off of the internet. But the Seriously stamp is from the April Paper Pumpkin kit. I also used the Summerfruit cardstock as a base for the card.
The pictures were taken with my phone. Not bad I don ‘t think. But I didn’t realize I did a bad shot of the cards and I already gave the cards to my sisters when I saw them.
Anyways, thanks for stopping by and I hope you find time in your day to be creative!
Monday, May 13, 2013
I go up and down when it comes to organizing . Today I decided to do a couple of different things with my color coach and the way I store my big shot folders and the like. Maybe they will be a help to you. I posted these on my face book and wanted to share it with you all. This is what I had to say.
With the new colors coming in at the end of the month wanted a better way to store #colorcoach #stampinup so I am trying a key ring method. #melscreativecreations
I also wanted to find a way to store my #bigshot #embossingfolders #framelits etc so trying a memory box instead of the freezer bag I was using. I am hoping this will give me a better visual to use my stuff #stampinup #melscreativecreations
Thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Stampin’ Up! is known as a stamping company. But I am a scrapbooker at heart. I wanted to show that it is still possible to make scrapbook layouts with a company such as this. Some of the products I used in these layouts are a mix of current product and retired. Here are some of the things I used.
- Gumball Green Card Stock
- Print Poetry DSP
- Feel Goods Stamp Set
- Floral District DSP
- Primerose Petals
- Sent With Love DSP
- Flirtatious DSP
- Concord Crush Ink
I wanted to encourage you if you have never tried scrapbooking before to give it a try. I think its very important to record family history. Whether it is in a Project Life style. Traditional or Digital. I believe getting your stories told is important in keeping your family history.
The layouts I worked on was from last summer. It was about our church picnic, playing horseshoe and being involved in the Relay For Life in honor of our Mom.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
I did this for a challenge. I had to use four things that started with a B. Here are the four things that I had.
- Bold Blossom Stamp Set
- Bravo Burgundy card stock and Ink
- Floral District DSP but the color used was Baja Breeze
Other things used were
- River Rock Card stock and Ink
- Baja Breeze Ink
Most of these items that I used are retired or in the process of retiring in the end of May. I believe we are still keeping Baja Breeze but I can’t recall right this minute.
If you would like to see where I got the challenge idea from head over here.
Thanks for looking!
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
BEST OF 25 YEARS STAMPS
- All Best of stamp sets will include 3-5 images, including a never-before seen image, and will be priced at $14.95.
- While we are releasing just one Best of stamp set per month (with a new theme each month), all of the Best of sets will be available until March 31, 2014.
- A new flyer will be released every month for each new Best of set.
- All Best of stamp sets are available in Clear-Mount only.
Get 25 percent off select My Digital Studio content and print products.
I didn't want to repeat myself so here is what is discontinued as of today May 1, 2013. The list previous is found in the blog post link I mentioned.
- Comfort Cafe Collection DVD
- Floral District Collection DVD
- Basic Black Craft Stampin' Refill
- Regals Collection Classic Stampin Ink Refill
- Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin Ink Refill
- Early Expresso 12x12 Linen Ring Album
- Crumb Cake 12x12 Linen Ring Album
- 12x12 Divided Page Protectors
- Grid Paper (It will still be sold in the New Catalog on May 31st. There is just a change in how the paper will be presented.)
Thanks for stopping by!